Apple has released the newer version of Mac OS 10.5.7 with fixes to previous bugs, clearing many security issues, and enhancement of stability, compatibility and security of the mac.
The products whose security system was not totally fine were Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X Server 10.5, AirPort, Apple TV, iPhone, iPhoto, iPod Touch, Quicktime 7 and Safari.
Every security issue was fixed in this update, and here are a few other changes –
- Includes additional RAW image support for several third-party cameras.
- Improves reliability when syncing contacts with Yahoo!.
- Addresses a situation that may cause issues when logging into Gmail.
- Resolves an issue with Dvorak keyboard layout in Mac OS X 10.5.6.
- Improves stability for network home directories hosted by Mac OS X Server v10.4.
Apart from all this, changes in iCal and Mail were also noted. Consistency of the parental controls is also seen.
To update your Mac software, just go to the Apple menu in the top left corner and hit “Software Update..” and Mac will check for any update and notifies if you haven’t updated already.