The feature of MMS was included in the 3.0 OS update of iPhone and finally after a month, AT&T has enabled the option for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS users, and this is an update required in your iPhone when you connect it to iTunes. You will need to upload a career settings option to the iPhone through the iTunes. Check the process below to do it –
- Make sure you have iTunes 8.2 or later. Open it, and connect the iPhone to your computer.
- You should have iPhone 3.1 OS. If you have not upgraded, better do that if you want to enable the MMS feature in your iPhone.
- Select your iPhone in iTunes and then hit “Click for Updates”
- Click on Update Settings when it says there are updates available
- It will update your phone and then you need to restart the iPhone after the update is finished.
When you start the phone, try to send a new text message and you will see a camera icon on the side of text field using which you can click a picture to include and create an MMS.
So the US users can now officially enjoy the MMS feature working if they are using AT&T service with their iPhone!