The competition in the blogosphere for every aspect, every niche just for traffic and its resulting leads is on such a rise that its not easy to get yourself into the top of everything.
Making your blog reputable and well known, talked by others need some good and unique work from your side, or you too would be a part of millions of other blogs starving for good amount of traffic.
Here is a list of things you have to do to make your blog well known in the blogosphere for your particular niche.
- Build backlinks – This is always quite essential, and get backlinks from good websites!
- Link internally – You have a good blog with good topics written, but every visitor that comes to your blog does not roam around for long, until you internally link the posts in other posts. They would then feel that you have more things to offer for them to read. Similar posts plugin, or contextually linking posts within the post helps.
- Don’t link to bad websites – Forget being greedy. You need popularity! Many bloggers don’t care about the quality of the blog and just accept the money they get to link to some irrelated websites in their posts. This is the reason why visitors don’t stay for long.
- Build networks – Networking with other bloggers helps a lot. You get mentioned by them sometimes, and you mention about them. And always, more hands together helps a lot.
- Commenting on other blogs – This is the secondary part of networking. Regularly commenting on other blogs where you seem to get some good exposure is a good way of making your blog get new visitors.
- Don’t just submit to social media sites – This is a big mistake people do. Just submit their links and leave, for a backlink. You should stay there, and increase the conversations, and participate in the discussions so that people feel your presence. Just submitting a story for a link is stupidity.
- Guest posting – Posting in other very popular blogs like Problogger, John Chow, Tyler Cruz etc. will be a good platform for you to get exposure. People would actually get to know about you and would be interested in subscribing to your blog if your guest posts were well appreciated by their readers.
- Participate in blog camps – One small session given by you in a blog camp with hundreds of bloggers, would change your online presence. You would be instantly linked and talked about for that good piece of time they spent in that session and learned something good.
- Press release – Press releases are a way of getting well noticed. And its not only done when a new blog is launched. Any major tweaks in your blog or network deserves a press release, and many major bloggers follow press release and blog about it if interesting.
- Develop uniqueness in writing – Not just like thousands others, you should be unique in writing something and offer content which is never covered before by others.
- Don’t hide your identity – Be open. Hiding your identity would just lose people’s trust on you and your blog. Am talking about the Whois Data, making something easy for people to contact you.
- Be open with people – Don’t just be upto a point, prove it with any instances if you know. This would make people think that you have good points to be strong about.
- Participate in forums – Forum members who seek business with people would like bloggers who are active at forums too. Become a good unique blogger and be active at forums. Your blog would be well appreciated and known there.
- Write e-books that people really read – Write some ebooks with core topics which people sit and dedicate time to read. Ebooks get popular very easily if offered for free and many blogs mention about you and your ebook if its worth it.
- Make your readers come back – Use RSS feed options available for your readers, who can come back regularly to read the stuff that you write.
- Update very regularly – You should be updating your blog very regularly to gain more visitors and returning people. You would lose the reader-base if not regularly writing and updating.
Know of any good points for addition.. Please comment!
What others searched for :how to become a well known blogger
, how to get your blog well known
, how to make your blog well known
, free well known blog sites
, How can you tell if a blogger is is reputable
, how to become a well known fashion blogger
, how to know if a blogger is reputable
, start a well known blog for free
, well known blogs