Wavepad is a complete sound editor for both the OS, mac and windows. It helps in editing every type of audio recording, music files. Things like cutting the mp3 files, copying and pasting within the file and also adding some special effects like echo, noise reduction and amplification is possible with it. Some file types which are supported are mp3, wav, vox, gsm, real audio, au, aif, flac, ogg and others. So no much restriction in music file types.
Some of the features are –
- Sound editing functions include cut, copy, paste, delete, insert, silence, autotrim and more.
- Audio effects include, amplify, normalize, equaliser, envelope, reverb, echo, reverse, sample rate conversion and more.
- Full featured Mp3 editing software
- Supports a number of other file formats including wav (multiple codecs) vox, gsm, real audio, au, aif, flac, ogg and many more.
- Batch processing supports up to 32000 files allowing you to apply effects and/or convert your files as a single function.
- Tools include spectral analysis (FFT) and speech synthesis (text-to-speech).
- Recorder supports autotrim and voice activated recording and more.
- Audio restoration features including noise reduction and click pop removal.
- Supports sample rates from 6000 to 96000Hz, stereo or mono, 8, 16, 24 or 32 bits.
- Includes its own CD ripper with ‘ultrafast ‘rip mode and cddb music database lookup.
- Works directly with MixPad multi-track audio mixing software.
- Links directly to the Express Burn CD Recorder to burn your sound files to CD.
- Edit tracks for the Zulu DJ software.
- Easy to use interface will get you started editing in just minutes.
It works fine with any version of Windows from Windows 95 and in Mac, for version Intel 10.2 and later.
You can download the software from here.