Mozilla team has released the latest version of the Firefox browser, i.e. Firefox 3.6 with many advancements, changes and new features that has bettered the performance and look of the browser from the previous stable version.
Its faster, and better responsive. And the browser is built to work with any operating system, the lightest and small operating systems like Maemo too. It has got improvements for developers, add-ons and users. Here are a few new features and improvements in the version 3.6 of Firefox –
- Open, native video can now be displayed full screen and supports poster frames.
- Continued support for downloadable web fonts using the new WOFF font format.
- Support for new DOM and HTML5 specifications including the Drag & Drop API and the File API, which allow for more interactive web pages.
- Support for a new type of theme called Personas, which allow users to change Firefox’s appearance with a single click.
- Protection from out-of-date plugins to keep users safer as they browse.
- Available in more than 70 languages
- The ability for web developers to indicate that scripts should run asynchronously to speed up page load times.
- Support for new CSS attributes such as gradients, background sizing, and pointer events.
There are many more improvements done in this version, and the inclusion of support for Personas theme which can change the way Firefox has to look.
Download the latest version of Firefox by going here.