Installing a FTP program in mac is nothing hard, but selecting the best one is challenging when there are a few good free apps, and few paid ones and you need to select the best one of it.
The best FTP client till now that i have used for Mac OS X is Cyberduck!
Cyberduck is a FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Cloud Files & Amazon S3 Browser for Mac OS X. Its the best software for file transfer and communication with the web server, for the webmasters who want to build web pages, upload files to server and much more functions.
Here are a few features of Cyberduck –
- File transfer Protocol, and secured file transfer
- Browser of files with different views, cut copy paste and drag options
- Spotlight Importer for bookmark files
- Quickly open the corresponding Web URL of a selected file in your web browser
- Transfer files using Secure Copy (SCP)
- Drag and drop bookmarks to the Finder.app and drop files onto bookmarks to upload
- Synchronization with the local directories
- Modify permissions on multiple files
There are various other features, which i would be reviewing and posting more soon and update the post.