So the browser is finally launched, and i was watching the Google chrome press conference and they say -
The download is live, folks!
So there you go guys! Download the browser and test it.
- Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier.
- Every time you open a new tab, you’ll see a visual sampling of your most visited sites, most used search engines, and recently bookmarked pages and closed tabs.
- Use web apps without opening your browser. Application shortcuts can directly load your favorite online apps.
- You can drag tabs out of the browser to create new windows, gather multiple tabs into one window or arrange your tabs however you wish — quickly and easily.
- Every tab you’re using is run independently in the browser, so if one app crashes it won’t take anything else down.
- Don’t want pages you visit to show up in your web history? Choose incognito mode for private browsing.
- Google Chrome warns you if you’re about to visit a suspected phishing, malware or otherwise unsafe website.
- Want to bookmark a web page? Just click the star icon at the left edge of the address bar and you’re done.
- When you switch to Google Chrome, you can pick up where you left off with all the bookmarks and passwords from your existing browser.
- No intrusive download manager; you see your download’s status at the bottom of your current window.
And during the conference, when the speed of download and page load was tested, Chrome was seen to be faster than Internet Explorer. So do I see many people changing their browsers already?
See how people are shifting and trying out this browser -
Update – The image shows 20% Chrome users, but right now while posting, it goes to 30% and still rising and the IE and firefox users count is reducing.
Larry Page in the end speaking this -
“I’ve been using Chrome as my primary browser, on an old slow computer… on purpose.”
… to make the team optimize for speed
“If you install it and use it, you’ll feel”… the responsiveness
Re Open Source
“We want to live in a world where platforms are advancing… where the pace of change is rapid.”
“The open source model allows that”
“I wanted to mention how we decided to release this…”
“We had a ton of googlers using it who were happy”