The iOS 6.1 for all the Apple devices has been released, and there are not much changes but a few minor updates and bug fixes done to release this version of iOS, which comes as a part of the updates of the iOS 6 operating system. The following are the improvements and bug fixes done by Apple in the iOS 6.1 update:
– LTE support for more carriers for the iPad and iPad Mini which now includes support from several carriers. Check the entire list here.
– Purchase movie tickets through the Fandango app and Siri for US customers.
– iTunes Match subscribers can download individual songs now from the iCloud server
– New button available to reset the Advertising Identifier
The new update is sized around 76MB for the iPod Touch and around 83MB for the iPad Mini which we have updated, and it takes around 10 minutes for the entire update process to happen. This version was available in beta for the developers since many months, but Apple has sent the official update now and people can notice a few new things with the update like one has to enter the Apple ID and Password for the Facetime and iMessage apps and the iTunes has got a 3G/4G option where the users can directly use iTunes to download music using the 3G or LTE whenever Wi-Fi is not available.
There are a few other noticeable changes in the new version of the iOS, and following are the download links for the users wanting to try out with the jailbreak etc.
- iPhone 5 GSM
- iPhone 5 CDMA
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 GSM
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad mini (GSM, CDMA, Wi-Fi)
- iPad 4th-generation (GSM, CDMA, Wi-Fi)
- iPad 3rd-generation (GSM, CDMA, Wi-Fi)
- iPad 2 (GSM, nbso online casino reviews carrier support, Siri/Fandango movie ticket purchasing, iTunes Match song downloading | 9to5Mac&txt=6.1 (10B141)&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13593985749454″ target=”_blank”>CDMA, Wi-Fi)
- iPad 2 16GB (new)
- iPod touch 4th-generation
- iPod touch 5th-generation
Although these are the direct download links, one can easily update their Apple iOS device to the 6.1 version using the Wi-Fi by going to Settings > General > Software Update where Apple would have pushed the new update and unlike the other brands, Apple sends out the update to all the devices at the same time, so you surely should have got the update already. The Jailbreak for the iOS 6.1 on the Pre-A5 chip iOS devices like the iPod Touch 4th Gen and the iPhone 4 is possible right now using the Redsn0w tool, but one should have to wait if their device is the latest one, like the iPad Mini, the iPad 4 and the iPhone 5.