In the Apple’s there was not just the iTunes 9, the iPod changes and iPod Nano 5G but also, the operating system that runs iPhone and iPod touch was also updated and its available for download, with a few new features and tweaks to the old ones.
The iPhone & iPod Touch OS 3.1 was released, and here are few of the changes seen in the new version from the previous one –
- Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll (We’ll believe the MMS saving when we finally see MMS)
- Option to “Save as new clip” when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
- Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on
- Paste phone numbers into the Keypad
- Anti-phishing features in Safari
- Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling
The update is more than 240MB in size, and you can check for the update after connecting the iPhone or iPod touch.
One of the more exciting features that have been introduced is the addition of a zone of ringtones where ringtones can be bought for a cost of $1.29 each.
Caution: If you are using an iPhone which was unlocked, don’t try to upgrade unless the iPhone Dev team releases something new to unlock it. As the new OS might permanently render the phone locked.