Find MAC Address on Windows OS
http://fromvalskitchen.com/?p=Lowadi-How-Quicker-To-Earn-Money-Points Lowadi How Quicker To Earn Money Points
http://blogs.cooperhealth.org/?option=Option-Binary-Options-Practice-Trading-Account Option Binary Options Practice Trading Account
Find MAC Address on Linux OS
- In the linux computer, you need to open the “su” command which would function similar to the CMD option in Windows.
- After the # prompt, type the following ifconfig -a and hit enter. This would show a list of the various data and information about the computer.
- HWaddr in the first line itself is the MAC address of your linux computer.
Find MAC Address on Mac OS X
- Open the System Preferences from the Apple Menu, or else search for System Preferences from the Spotlight search.
- Click on the “Network” in System Preferences, and in the window select the active network connection you are on, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, etc. and then after selecting, hit “Advanced” on the lower right corner.
- In the advanced options section, the bottom will have the Wi-Fi address which is the Mac address in the format aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff having specific alphabetic or numeric characters.
How Unique is a MAC Address?
The Media Access Control address is a unique identifier for the network adapter, which is assigned to every network interface card or the network adapter for making it easier to identify. These MAC addresses are placed on the device by the manufacturer and usually encodes the manufacturers identification number. It is also known as a hardware address, physical address, or adapter address.
The 12-digit code differently made for every adapter makes it very much unique, and a perfect way to identify the network.