The Mac app store just launched and every geek and Apple user tried their hands on it. Not everyone was lucky enough to get it and download the apps directly the very first time. Many of them, including me got an error while trying to download a mac app for the first time. The error said – “We could not complete your App Store request. An unknown error occurred (100).”
Many tried their own ways, I did a reboot of the mac and this worked. I could then download the app after agreeing with the terms and conditions.
Other users reported their own ways of getting through and fixing the error. Here are a different few ones –
1. Quit the app store and reload it. This will take you through the usual Terms and conditions pages and then you will be able to go with the download normally.
2. Reboot your mac – This trick worked for me. I quit the App store, the iTunes and then rebooted my mac. Reopening the app store then let me download the apps.
3. This one was suggested by one of the readers of TUAW, worked for many others –
- Sign out of the app store, and close it.
- Reboot your Mac
- Eject/UnMount Windows Partiton (if any)
- Open itunes, and download any random app
- Accept any terms and conditions that open
- Keep the iTunes open
- Now open Appstore. try to download an app. It will work.
If none of the above works, just wait for a couple days till Apple does something from it’s side to make it work.