Here is a list of the very basic Google chrome keyboard shortcuts which will make it easier for you to make your Chrome usage easier and better. Most of the shortcuts are similar to firefox so won’t be pain to learn things out there. Except a few new ones, are there are quite a few new features included in google chrome which requires some touch-up and learning.
The very basic -
- Ctrl + N – Opens a new windows for your browser
- Ctrl + T – Opens a new tab in the same window
- Ctrl + W – Closes the presently open tab
- Ctrl + F4 – Closes the presently open tab
- Alt + F4 – Closes the window
- Alt + home – Opens the default homepage in Google chrome
- Ctrl +1 to Ctrl + 8 – The number you press along with the Ctrl key, will take you to that tab number when multiple tabs are open.
- Ctrl +9 – Takes you to the last tab in the multiple number of tabs
- Ctrl + Tab – Switch to the next tab
- Ctrl + Shift + Tab – Switch to the previous tab
- Ctrl + B – Option for toggling the bookmarks bar on/off
- Ctrl + H – Opens the history page
- Ctrl + J – Opens the downloads window
- Ctrl + P – Prints the current page open in the browser
- F5 – Refreshes the page
- Ctrl + F5 – Super-Refresh where the cache is ignored and a total refresh of the page is done
- Ctrl + D – Bookmarks the currently open page
- Ctrl + “+” – Increases the text size in the page
- Ctrl + “-” – Decreases the text size in the page
- Ctrl + F – Opens a box with the option of find-in-page where you can search for a particular keyword in the page.
- Ctrl + U – Opens the source of the page
Some new ones -
- Ctrl + Shift + N – Opens a new window in incognito mode.
- Ctrl + Shift + Esc – Opens the task manager for the browser
- Ctrl + Shift + T – Re-open the last closed tab. This can be done for the last 10 tabs that you have browsed and closed.
What others searched for :chrome shortcuts mac
, chrome keyboard shortcuts mac
, chrome mac shortcuts
, chrome mac keyboard shortcuts
, chrome browser keyboard shortcuts
, mac chrome shortcuts
, keyboard shortcuts for chrome browser
, mac chrome keyboard shortcuts
, shortcut refresh in chrome
, how to use the keyboard to refresh google chrome