Guide: Disabling the Aero Snap on Windows 7
First let us make it clear what Aerosnap is and what is its function.
- Aero Snap can be used to move windows to the right or left side of the screen to resize them automatically so that they fit half the screen of the computer monitor.
- Aero Snap lets you minimize, maximize or resize windows by dragging-n-dropping them to the screen corners e.g. you can maximize a window by dragging-n-dropping it to the top of screen.
Though Aero Snap can be very useful for us to work fast and easily but sometimes it can be pretty irritating to work with it. So for people like me who think it is very irritating and want to disable Aero Snap, here i am going to describe 2 ways to Disable Aero snap in your Windows 7 OS PC.
How to Disable Aero Snap through Start Menu:
- Click on the Start button to open the Start menu.
- Type mouse in the Search Files And Programs box.
- Select Change How Your Mouse Works from the list of items that are found.
- Select the checkbox for the option Prevent Windows From Being Automatically Arranged When Moved To The Edge Of The Screen
We can also Disable Aerosnap through Control Panel:
- Go to the Start Menu in your Windows 7 PC and you can see the Control panel Tab which is the 4th tab in the Start menu Window on the right side.
- When the Control Panel Window opens you have to go to the Ease Of Access which will be seen as the bottom most option in the control panel.
- In the Ease of Access Option there will be many sub options which will include Change how your mouse works option which has to be accessed.
- Then you have to Select the checkbox for the option Prevent Windows From Being Automatically Arranged When Moved To The Edge Of The Screen.
When you have Control Panel Arranged in its Older version the above steps will be preety confusing so you will have to follow these steps :
- Click on the Start button with the Windows Logo to go to the Start Menu.
- Then you will have to open Control Panel and click on “Ease of Access Center icon
- Now you have to click on “Make it easier to focus on tasks” link present at the end of the options
- Now enable “Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen” option given at last and click on Apply button.
You will be looking at a set of options which will let you do many things with your Operating system.
This will disable the Aero Snap Option, after which you can change the dimensions of your window as you like without the interference of Windows 7.
long with Aero Snap there will be two other options Aero Peek and Aero Shake which are also options to play around with your Windows. Tutorials on how to disable these will be discussed later in future posts.