iPhone developers and hackers have always been trying to get new things into the iPhone to make it unique from the other Operating systems in the market like the Android and Win7 which are getting in the competition to the iPhone iOS.
iOS has always been my favorite OS till date with the iPhone making the user experience even more fruitful to use.
So if you already own an iPhone and have been wanting to use the Win7 platform and cannot afford a new win7 phone then here is a simple and useful tutorial which can turn your iPhone in a Win7 Phone with just the help of an App
Lets look at how to Install Windows 7 Theme on the iPhone with Backboard App through Cydia.
7 Simple Steps to Install Win7 theme on your iPhone:
- Launch Cydia and install Backboard (free)- for this you have to Open Cydia and wait it to load, after which you can see the Search option in the lower most right corner of your screen, click on it and type “Backboard” The backboard page will open and you will have to install by clicking the “Install” button seen on the right top of your screen. It will be asking you to confirm and you will have to click on confirm and Backboard will be Installed.
- After you have successfully installed Backboard in your iPhone go to the Home screen and open Safari and you have to either click on the link given below by opening this Post in Safari or just copy paste it in the address bar, or you can type in the following link into the URL bar, and click “Go”.
- ” backboard: / / http://wyndrepo.googlecode.com/files/OS7Beta.zip “
- After this Link is accessed you will be getting a page where you will have to say Press “Yes” and wait for the download to finish, this will download the Win7 Theme into Backboard which will completely change your iPhone into a Win7 phone.
- After the download is finished you can see that the Win 7 theme is saved in Backboard, which can be renamed or deleted there.
- Then you will have to Select the theme OS7 from your Backboard and if you want rename it or just install it.
- Press install and wait for the automatic Respring iPhone.
- After your iPhone has restarted you can see that your iPhone has been transformed into a Win7 phone with the user interface the same.
Specifications required for installing Win7 in your iPhone:
- Jailbroken iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Your iPhone and iPod touch must be Jailbroken and Cydia installed in it.
- You need a Internet connection (either 3G or Wifi) on your iPhone.
- Installing Win7 in your iPhone models below 3gs is available but not recommended due to the lower Ram which can make your iPhone slow.
How to Go back to your Previous OS Theme:
To switch back to your normal theme all you have to do is
- Go to backboard App and Open it
- Where you can see the iOS backup you made earlier and your new Win7 theme
- Then Select the backup you made earlier.