iPhone users with the latest iOS 4.3.1 who were waiting for the release of the Jailbreak will breath a sigh of relief as the latest Pwnagetool is ready to Jailbreak your iPhone with iOS 4.3.1.
With this Pwnagetool the following devices can be Jailbroken:
- iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.1
- iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.3.1
- iPod Touch 4G with iOS 4.3.1
- iPod Touch 3G with iOS 4.3.1
- iPad 1 with iOS 4.3.1
- iPad 2 with iOS 4.3.1
To jailbreak all these devices the latest Pwnagetool has been released which allows your to break Apples shackles and Jailbreak your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad devices.
What is required to Jailbreak your Apple device with iOS 4.3.1:
- Download Apple iOs 4.3.1: If you dont know how to download the latest iOs 4.3.1 then follow these simple steps Open iTunes 10.0 in your Mac –> connect your iPhone through USB cable to your Mac –> After connecting your iTunes will automatically ask for Download and installing iOS 4.3.1 as seen in the image given below
- You have to download the latest Pwnagetool for Mac which Jailbreaks the iOS 4.3.1 – To get the download for the latest Pwnagetool go to this link — Download Pawnage3 Tool for Mac
- The earlier Pwnagetool software was for the Operating system Mac and this is for the Jailbreaking the iPhone 4 OS – click on this link to download this Pwnagetool — Download Pawnage Tool for iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.1
- Ramdisk software for Mac which fixes the broken iOs 4.3.1 and fixes the error 1 and 1611 during restore – – Click on the following link to download this software —Download Ramdisk fixer 1.7.1
- To install the 4.3.1 software you have to install Apple itunes 10.0 which supports the iOS 4.3.1 — Download iTunes 10.0
After you have downloaded all these and place them on your Desktop for easy and immediate access during the jailbreak procedure.
Steps to Jailbreak iPhone with 4.3.1 iOS using Pwnagetool:
After the Pwnagetool and all the other softwares have been successfully installed in your Mac you have to start this process.
Where you can see your previously downloaded iOS bundle 4.3.1 now you have to click and select your required iOS.
Next RamdiskFixer_v1.7.1 has to be opened Using the Ramdisk Fixer is easy as they have provided a step by step on screen instructions to be followed by the user which makes it very easy and you have to take care and comply with the readme file of ramdisk fixer.
Ramdisk Fixer is used to fix the broken iOS 4.3.1 and fixes the error 1 and 1611 during restore.
The Ramdisk Installer follows many steps to install the Ramdisk Fixer which is done automatically without our interference- the steps are
- Destination Select – here you have to select the destination folder to install the Ramdisk Fixer
- Installation Type- here we have to select between Activation orDeactivation.
The last step here you have to launch the Pawnage tool which shows 3 devices Apple iPhone 3G, 3Gs and iPhone4 along with iPod Touch 2G, 3G, and 4G with the Apple iPad Tv as well.
Now you have to select the Phone image as you are Jailbreaking your iPhone if you want to jailbreak iPod or Apple tv you have to click the respective icons.
Then the Official Jailbreaking procedure takes place after you have selected the iPhone or iPod or Apple tv icons.
After you have completed this step you have to install the IPSW iOS 4.3.1 software through Apple iTunes.
To Install the modified iOS 4.3.1 to your Apple device you will have to do it through Apple iTunes.
Connect your Apple device to your Mac or PC through its USB cable and open iTunes.
If you want to save any important data like contacts you will have to backup your phone before a Restore.
After this you have to Put your Device into DFU mode by following the below given Steps:
- Hold Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds
- Now release the Power button while continue holding the Home button for 15 secs
After following these instructions you will be having your instrument in DFU mode.
After this your iTunes will pop up a box prompting the device in DFU mode. Click ok
Now press Option and click on update button on iTunes. Now browse and select iOS 4.3.1 iPad custom firmware.
After clicking on your iPhone in the left box of iTunes you can see the following options as seen in the image:
We have to select Update which will lead to a window and we have to lead it to the custom IPSW we downloaded earlier.
Let iTunes complete the firmware restore process. Once iTunes completes the restore process, your iPhone will be rebooted.
Since this is tethered jailbreak every time you reboot your deice you need to connect to Mac and tethered boot using tethered boot utility.
Follow the below given instructions to Tetethered boot your jailbroken iPhone iOS 4.3.1
- TetheredBoot Utility should be downloaded into the Tetheredboot folder on desktop.
- iPhone 4.3.1 iOS custom firmware Copy has to be created and placed on the desktop which is with the file extension of .ipsw it has to be changed to .zip and unzipped using the Winrar software
- Now open extracted content in the unzipped folder of firmware and copy following files present under /Firmware/dfu/
4. Paste the these files inside Tethered boot utility folder as seen in the image below.
5. Turn off your iPhone and Open the Terminal to type the following commands
- sudo -s
- cd /User/Desktop/Tetherboot/
- ./tetheredboot iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu kernelcache.release.n90
6. After you have entered the above given commands your iphone will boot into the tethered boot mode
Now you can enjoy with your newly jailbroken iPhone with iOS 4.3.1.
Precautions to be taken after the Jailbreak:
- All the above steps have to be repeated every time you reboot your iPhone.
- Never connect to iTunes and allow it to download and install the latest firmware which will remove your jailbreak.
- Switch off automatic update option in your iTunes