Apple’s iOS devices like your iPad or iPhone are always smooth as butter with the impressive finger touch interface and the one of a kind user experience, but as time goes by you will be noticing a decrease in the response to touch from your device, it will be lagging while you are playing a game for example or going through some huge Pdf file.
This happened to me in my iPhone and iPad and each time it happened i discovered a new way to deal with it. So here are some tips which will help you speed up your iPad or iPhone.
Steps to Speed up your iPad or iPhone:
Close recent Apps in your Multitasking Tray:
Apps in the Multitasking tray are the apps which are running in the background and using up your RAM unnecessarily, So if a lot of Apps are On in the background then you need to close these apps to relieve your RAM of some unwanted burden.
- Go to your Home screen or You can even open it while an application is ‘ON’
- Double tap the home button to bring up the multitasking tray
- Tap and hold the app you want to quit
- Now you will be seeing that the Apps in the Multitasking tray will start to wiggle
- And you will be seeing a red badge ‘x’ or ‘-‘ symbol on the left side top of the Apps
- Tap the red badge ‘x’ or ‘-‘ symbol to quit the app and remove it from the multitasking tray
Delete your unwanted text messages:
- Open the text message application by clicking on the “Messages” icon
- Click on “Edit” at the top left-hand corner of the screen to delete an entire conversation. Click on the recipient’s name and then select “Delete” to the right of the name.
- Click “Done” to return to the Messages main menu.
- How to delete Specific Texts: Click on a recipient’s name to view all individual text messages sent and received between you and that recipient. Click “Edit” at the top right-hand corner of the screen to delete specific messages without deleting the entire conversation.
- Tap on the left side top of the message you want to delete, Click on the red “Delete” button at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen to permanently delete these messages.
Delete Unwanted apps:
Out of excitement you will be downloading many apps from the app store which are never used after using it for the first time. So Apps like these should be deleted to relieve your memory which will speed up your PC.
In case of a Jailbroken device – make sure you download and install only Apps that are required
Update your device to the latest Firmware:
Your iPad and iPhone should be updated regularly as Apple will be releasing a Software update every now and then.
Delete and Reinstall apps which are getting stuck
Apps which are getting stuck need to be deleted and reinstalled as they might be not up to date with the firmware being used in your iPad or iPhone
Keep your Apps Updated
The Apps get stuck and start lagging when they are not updated properly to suite the latest firmware which you have updated on your iPad or iPhone
Restart your iPad or iPhone (Hard or Soft Reset)
Restore your iPad or iPhone
Clear Browsing Cache
Saving browsing caches helps with faster browsing experience, but as times goes on, it may become overload and cluttered. We recommend you to clear your iPad’s browser cache once per week to keep your browser clean and smooth.
- Open Settings
- Select Safari from the left pane
- Tap on Clear Cache
It is advisable to also clear the browsing History and Cookies on your iPad.