Opera Mini is one of the most popular mobile phone browsers, and India is the country where this browser is used the most and is called one of the favorites in the lot. Opera has made an analytical review of the users and the mobile phones used by the users who had installed the Opera Mini browser, and it was especially the Android devices which were analyzed and the data got better as since last year, there was an increase in the Opera Mini users by 136.6% and the users of Opera Mini on Android smartphones increased by 62%.
The March 2013 edition of “State of the Android Mobile Web” by Opera lists the highest browsed websites and the highest used Android smartphones who have downloaded the Opera Mini browser in their smartphone. Below are the stats shown, with the top 20 Android devices being used, and the Top 20 domains browsed in the smartphones:
Top 20 Android devices
- Samsung Galaxy Y (GT-S5360)
- Samsung Galaxy Y Duos (GT-S6102)
- Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i
- Samsung Galaxy Y Duos Lite (GT-S5302)
- Samsung Galaxy Pop GT-S5570
- Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos (GT-S6802)
- Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830)
- HTC Explorer A310e
- Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670
- Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100)
- Samsung Galaxy Pocket (GT-S5300)
- Samsung Galaxy S Duos (GT-S7562)
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
- Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus (GT-S7500)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab (GT-P3100)
- Micromax Ninja A87
- Idea Blade
- Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman (WT19i)
- Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-i9300)
- Micromax Ninja A57
Top 20 domains
Check out the Infographic:
This shows pretty much that the main areas of focus in India are Social networking, Sports and Search engine and still it did look that the Indian smartphone users relied on different search engines for searching anything rather than sticking to just Google as is the scenario in the computers and desktop browsers.
Most of the Android smartphones listed in the top list, were from Samsung thus making Samsung the best Indian smartphone brand and in the list, the top 10 phones are all priced lesser than Rs. 12000 which makes it pretty much understandable that the Indian smartphone users do have the budget factor in mind while purchasing the devices. On the contrary, it could just be even that the other brands provide the users with neat options and features in the default browser making them stick to it rather than downloading the Opera Mini for browsing the web through their smartphone.
- The top 5 sites for ecommerce in India includes quickr.com, flipkart.com, sulekha.com, snapdeal.com and olx.in.
- The top 5 sites for news in India include indiatimes.com, in.com, rediff.com, ndtv.com and timesofindia.com
- The top 5 sites for search in India include google.com, wikipedia.org, yahoo.com, ask.com and answers.com
There’s a lot more explained in the infographic that is shared above, and the State of the Android Mobile Web is the analytical review done by the Opera team regularly and the newer ones come up with similar stats to make it easier to understand about the needs of an average smartphone user in India.