The Apple WWDC had shown the release and features of the Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and the new OS was released later, and already Apple has made a few changes and improvements and released the Mac OS X v10.6.1 Update, which is recommended for those who are using the Mac Snow Leopard OS.
This update is recommended for Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard users and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.
Here are the changes or improvements included in the new release –
- Improvement in compatibility with some Sierra Wireless 3G modems
- Addresses an issue in which some printer compatibility drivers might not appear properly in the Add Printer browser
- An issue which had the DVD playback stopped automatically, was fixed.
- Addresses an issue that might make it difficult to remove an item from the Dock
- Resolves an issue in which the Command-Option-T keyboard shortcut would sometimes bring up the special characters menu in applications such as Mail and TextEdit
- Addresses instances in which auto account setup in Mail might not work
- Resolves issues when sending mail with certain SMTP servers
- Addresses an issue in which Motion 4 could become unresponsive
- Includes an update to Adobe Flash Player plug-in version 10.0.32.18
To upgrade, just go to the Main apple menu in the left top side and hit “Software Upgrade” and Apple will search for the new version and you can download and upgrade to the latest version.