There is a basic calculator widget in the dashboard, and an application for a calculator in the Apple Macbook when purchased, but for many scientific and tech students using a mac, this one would be a great find –
Magic Number Machine – A high-precision scientific calculator for mac tech freaks.
It is available for Mac OS X 10.4 and greater versions.
Here are some features making it more beautiful –
- 25 Digits – Unlike the 10 digits of a normal calculator, making it easy for biggest numbers calculations.
- Complex numbers – Complex numbering for your calculations with under-root and power functions.
- Hexdecimal, octal, binary, decimal and 2’s complement display.
- A graphical display that you can click on to change the entry point
- Value memory limited only by computer memory.
- Matrix functions including gaussian elimination, inversion and determinants.
- Large number of scientific constants built-in, perfect technological value.
- Linear regression – An analysis between 2 parameters.
- A full expression history (go back to anything which you were calculating previously)
Download the magic number machine application here.