Paypal is always full of scammers, and along with that, there is no good customer service where users can get some real help from the paypal team. Lately, Indians have been hit hard by Paypal after the sudden stoppage on personal payments, and blocking withdrawals to bank accounts, all of a sudden.
At this point, one would try to search for something that is similar to Paypal and has lesser issues! Here are a few other alternatives –
- Google Checkout – Free to use, and free to sign-up. You just need to just link your credit card and use the GCO option to carry out online shopping etc. Its still not used with eBay shopping site but can be used in many other ways.
- 2Checkout – 2Checkout.com has a one-time setup fee of $49.00 and takes a 5.5% commission plus $0.45 for each sale. It processes credit cards and checks while monitoring for fraud and ensuring data security.
- Moneybookers – Receiving money is free and sending money is 1% of the total amount sent (person-to-person). Withdrawing funds can be done by check or directly to your bank account. More flexibility for both buyers and sellers.
- AlertPay – A free-to-use online processor available internationally, with minimal fees for sending and receiving payments, and used by many shopping portals as a payment gateway. 2.5% per transaction is the fee.
- Digital River – An e-commerce solution. It has no up-front cost and won’t charge until the first sale. Then, its fee is based on performance, beginning at 2.9% plus a $1.00 transaction fee.
These are pretty good alternatives, but why aren’t they still running well? Only because other continents have Paypal as the best one. Paypal customer service has never been supportive but its easier to use and carry on transactions, and that’s what people look for. Hope there is some serious alternative that comes out to challenge Paypal and works in the best user-friendly way.
Paypal on twitter is there to help customers solve the problems but it would have been good if there were less complaints to handle. The number of people complaining is not easy to handle, so is the bad customer care.