Twitter’s open code has already got some great softwares to make it easier to update your statuses and reply to other members and check the tweets of people whom you follow(Follow me on twitter).
So for Macbook users, Twidget is a good widget for the dashboard which is a lot easy to use and has a set of features that are enough to keep updating your status and check other’s tweets too.
Here are a few features that you may see –
- Displays 20 most recent public or friends timeline
- Auto-refreshes timeline display
- Easily show/hide timeline display
- One-click refresh of timeline
- Links to reply and Direct Message Twitter contacts
- Link to mark tweets as “Favourite”
- Recognizes replies and auto-links them to follow conversations
- Shows your last tweet regardless of how it was updated (ie: mobile, txt, etc.)
- Auto-notification of new versions of Twidget
You would not need to go to Twitter homepage to update or check tweets, here the browser is not at all involved. Everything is done through the widget in your mac dashboard.
You can download Twidget dashboard widget for Twitter from here.
Installation and Download –
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger is required.
For Safari Users – Click the download link. When the widget download is complete, show Dashboard, click the Plus sign to display the Widget Bar and click the widget’s icon in the Widget Bar to open it.
For other browser users – Click the download link. When the widget download is complete, unarchive it and place it in /Library/Widgets/ in your home folder. Show Dashboard, click the Plus sign to display the Widget Bar and click the widget icon in the Widget Bar to open it.