Part 3 – How to earn from a web directory?
I would actually start by telling you all that making money from any kind of website, may that be a web directory, or a normal website, or a blog is not possible until you know the actual way of promoting it and letting the world know that you have a resource that is really helpful for them.
So, earning from a web directory is what you want to learn? There are several ways by which you can monetize your web directory and earn money from any type of directory.
I would like to divide this post into 2 parts – Making money from a free directory, and from a paid directory.
How to earn money from a free web directory
Although i won’t suggest you to open a free web directory if you don’t want to spend hours per day for reviewing websites, here are a few ways by which you can still make money from a free web directory -
- Charge fee for Featured/Top of Category listing
- Contextual ads like Google adsense, Adbrite etc.
- Selling Private Ads
- Earning through directory affiliate programs
Here are a few earning ways for paid directories -
- Any listing can get you money – Regular or featured, as you are charging for every review.
- Long term income with yearly subscription for links.
- Contextual ads
- Selling private Ads
- Directory affiliate programs again!
There are few other ways to earn money apart from these, but i am still trying to figure out how those things get more money, will surely share them if i find them useful at all.