WordPress 2.7 was released lately, and now its going to be WordPress 2.8, the newer version of wordpress, to be launched in some time. So before the final release, the beta releases have started and here is the beta 1 version of WordPress 2.8 for users to test it and check for the bugs and report them for the improvements.
On May xxth, 2009, WordPress Version 2.8, named for xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, will be released to the public.
Here is a list of features which are added to the 2.8 version after the previous release of 2.7 –
- New Theme Installer routines
- Separate Comments into a separate postbox, from Discussion postbox, on the Edit Post screen
- Don’t ask for confirmation when marking a comment as spam
- Don’t notify post author of own comments
- Admin icons are improved
- Allow the dashboard widgets to be arranged in up to four columns as set via the Screen Options tab
- Add column “Rating” in Administration > Links > Edit
- Improved Widget user interface
- Improve installer to help people entering wrong email addresses
- Editing of all the plugin files is allowed
- Move “Install a plugin in .zip format” to new Upload tab under Administration > Plugins > Add New
- Permalink editor changes and fix for pages
- Autosave post/page when pressing Control/Command+S
- Support more than one gallery on the same page
- Add per page option to Screen Options for comments, posts, pages, media, categories, and tags
- Show Tools menu for all users so they can access Turbo
- Check for new version when visiting Administration > Tools > Upgrade
There are a lot of additions, changes, development, themes, plugins and features as seen in the release post here.